Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Christmas in September

    Yesterday I was completing my typical morning routine, when I went to check the mail and found a small letter addressed to me. It was from the post office, letting me know I had a package. Hallelujah! I had been expecting a package from my parents for weeks now, and as far as we knew it was lost in Moscow. 
     I quickly got ready and hopped on my bike to head to the post office. Upon finding  the post office with ease, I turned in my letter to the clerk and received my package. Fitting it into the basket on my bike was somewhat of a challenge, and seeing over it as I rode proved to be difficult as well--but I had it and I could not wait to open it. The excitement to open this package was comparable to childhood Christmases, specifically the one where Santa brought us a ping-pong table AND a big red bouncy ball. 
    When I got home I rushed into my apartment, grabbed a knife, and began cutting away the mass amounts of tape that protected the contents of my box. Inside, I found an assortment of goodies. I found important things like my glasses, snow boots, and self-tanner; as well as essential foods like JIF peanutbutter, hot sauce, and macaroni and cheese. The box also included some things just to make me smile like a Batman PEZ despenser, toy mustache glasses, and a stuffed animal. My parents did a great job of assembling the care package, which I should have known, considering they care the most. My only constructive criticism would be to always let Kelsea pick out the magazines. Woman's World and Teen Pop Star! aren't really my kind of reading material. 

2 comments:

  1. I heard about this and am so glad you were happy with your loot! I hope you are still enjoying some of the love from back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your American fix. (smiles). The job doesn't sound too great....kind of scary. Take care. You are in our prayers and thoughts. Love, Suzee

    ReplyDelete