Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Workin' woman

     Yesterday was an important day for me. I finally received my working permission and CPR number, meaning that I can legally work, have a bank account, and get access to health care in Denmark--all very important things. With good timing, my coach has found me a job being a cocktail waitress at a restaurant that a friend of his owns. The restaurant is called Brasserie Bisous. (Bisous is French for kisses). Holger and I visited last week to meet the owners and get a look at the place. It seems like a classy restaurant, and as I'm told it becomes quite the party after 10pm. They also host comedians and speakers on Wednesday nights, which I look forward to working. I don't have the ideal schedule right now, but I'm hoping that after a few weeks, the boss will see that I have experience in the biz and let me work a schedule more comfortable for me. They have assured me that the language barrier won't really be a problem, considering most liquor names are the same in both English and Danish, and most people are fluent in English anyway. 
      In other news, we played Frederiksburg on Saturday and won in 3 sets. It was our first home match and we had quite a few seats filled in the stands. We plaBrøndby this Sunday and it is a very important match. We faced them once before in a friendly scrimmage at the beginning of the season and beat them in 5 close sets. They have acquired another American since then, bringing their total to 4. We also found out that our next Cup match will also be against Brøndby, on October 27th, making the match this Sunday all the more important for confidence purposes. A victory in both matches means we remain undefeated in the league and advance to the semi-finals of the Cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment