Friday, September 3, 2010

Transportation

So after a couple days of walking, my roommate and I decided to seek alternative routes of transportation. We conclude that our best bet is a bike, mostly because everyone here rides one. No kidding--there are separate sidewalks for bikes and for people and if you get caught walking on a biking sidewalk its lights out...I feel like "Frogger" trying to cross the street!

We will however end up taking the bus/train system when it snows here, because Meghan on bike + snow and ice = hospital visit.  I have yet to figure out the bus system and usually end up just following Dodi and getting my bus pass stamped whenever she does. I guess at some point I should get a tutorial of sorts in order to figure out the bus system in case I'm ever by myself, sans bike, and not in walking distance.

1 comment:

  1. It has to be so different over there. I remember trying to figure out the bus system in DC and Austin back here in the states. I guess if you don't live around it, it can be a little overwhelming. I bet it is even harder in a foreign language. Well have a great time!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete