Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 3

Today was rough. Mostly because my roommate/tour guide, Dodi, had to work so I was forced to fend for myself. I set out to find a grocery store, but chose not to set out too far for fear of getting lost. When I did find a small grocery store, I could not read any labels or recognize any important brands like Kellogs, Oscar Meyer, or most importantly, JIF. I then realized that they don't issue bags for you to put purchased groceries in and I didn't want to be caught carrying all of my produce around the block in the hammock I could make with my shirt. I made the decision to leave the grocery store empty-handed--no peanut butter, and no pride.

My next endeavor was to head to city center to go shopping with Dodi when she got off work. By the time we got there, most of the shops were closed. We were both frustrated by this because it was only 6pm. I have no idea how any respectable, working fashionista could get her shopping done before 6pm, but apparently in Denmark they do. We continued to travel down the Stroget to no avail and eventually ended up on the other side of town. When it began to get dark we hopped on the train and then hopped off too soon, leaving us with about 10 blocks more to walk. We broke up the trek with a stop at a "Pizzeria" where I indulged in a pita stuffed with who-knows-what and lettuce, qualifying as my first real meal of the day. Shortly after we came upon a grocery store--correction-- a supermarket. I vowed to visit it tomorrow and made a point to configure directions to it in my head based on the remaining walk back to our flat. As we finished our journey back home, I realized the supermarket was only about 3 blocks from my apartment; just 2 blocks further than I ventured this morning.

MEMO TO SELF:

Supermarket is 3 blocks down  Aebelogade (bring bags)

No comments:

Post a Comment