Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board

     I suffered a couple losses this week, but it can only go back up from here. I began working at a restaurant called Brasserie Bisous as a cocktail waitress. Little did I know, I would be waitressing from 10pm until five o'clock in the morning. The bartender who I was to go to with questions was named Arter and he was not the patient kind. Thankfully, another bartender and a bus-boy had my back so I made it through the night without making any serious mistakes. At the end of the night Arter asked me if I wanted something to drink When I responded with a request for water, Arter shook his head and informed me that "we don't drink water here. Fish have sex in it and that's disgusting."  I drank half a Coca Cola then hopped on my bike and headed home to bed. 
     The first night was rough, but as is any first day on a new job. The hard part was working again the following night, and even harder was getting up to play our match the next morning. We played Brønby on Sunday afternoon and lost in four games. They played very well, and we did not. We see them again in a cup match in two weeks, so hopefully we will come more prepared to battle next time. I think with some concentration on our serve receive and converting free balls to transition kills, we can give them a run for their money next time. 
I decided that working at Bisous didn't solve my problem of being bored during the day, but rather compounded my problem by making me exhausted all weekend and during my match. I let my boss know that I appreciated the opportunity to work, but the hours I would be available from now on were limited to those that were accompanied by sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment