Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Grind

Many things have developed in the last two weeks. In our last home match against Holte, Dodi hurt her knee in the first set, which ended up being an ACL tear. She has a long road to recovery ahead of her and I wish her all the best. Unfortunately, this could not come at a worse time because we have the last round of regular season play coming up and we need to come out at least 4-4 to qualify for play-offs, 5-3 to get a sure spot.
Holger has made a few line-up changes to try and cover Dodi's former position. Simone, a very young player on the team, has taken over the second outside position where Stine used to be. Stine has been moved to Dodi's first outside position where she will have the chance to score a lot of points. I have been moved to right side, in order to create a sturdy block and score some more points in our out of system offense, and Vibeke, a very strong middle that recently came back from having a baby, is taking my old spot. I think these will be positive changes if we all work very hard to perform our new jobs. I am both excited and nervous to play a new position. I really enjoy playing all six rotations but having new responsibilities is quite a test of my discipline as well as my physical capabilities.
We start our expedition with this new line up this Saturday against Fredriksburg. We are 1-1with Fredriksburg and we play them at home. There are three teams that we "should beat" in this final round, and I consider Fredriksburg one of them. This weekend will be a huge test for us and I am excited to see how the girls respond to that test.
Six of our last eight matches are in February. Henceforth, February will be known as "the grind". We've got to concentrate and get through it and come out on the other side at least .500. Wish us luck, and stay tuned for the results :)

No comments:

Post a Comment